|Prep Time: 5 mins.
Cooking Time: 18-20 mins
1. Sprinkle the chops with the rosemary, salt and pepper.
2. Heat a non-stick frying pan until nice and hot then add a teaspoon of oil or a knob of butter. Fry the chops for 6 or 7 minutes on each side until well browned. Remove the chops to a warm serving dish in a moderate oven while you make the sauce.
3. Reduce the heat then pour in the ginger wine, let it bubble for a few seconds then add the water or stock and simmer until the liquid is reduced by half.
4. Stir in the mustard, cream (if using) and parsley. After 1 minute more remove from the heat.
5. Check that the chops are thoroughly cooked (those with the bone in will take a little longer than the loin steaks), if not quite done you can return them to the pan with the sauce and simmer gently for a few minutes more.
Serve the chops with plenty of sauce spooned over and crusty bread to mop up the juices.