|PREP 10-15 mins COOK 20 mins (plus 30 mins marinating)
1. Prepare the meat, apples and onions as above and place in a bowl.
2. Combine all the ingredients for the marinade, (keep some aside for brushing during cooking) pour it over the prepared meat etc, leave to marinate for 20 to 30 minutes, turning in the liquid now and again
3. Pre-heat the grill or light the barbeque
4. Thread the skewers with a chunk of meat, a slice of onion,a sage leaf and a piece of apple; and so on until you’ve used up all the ingredients. Use the reserved marinade to brush over the kebabs as they cook.
5. Cook under a hot grill (or bbq) for about 15-20 minutes, turning regularly and brushing with the marinade or until done to your liking. Let the kebabs rest for 5 minutes or so before eating.
Serve with rice or in a warm baguette with mustard and watercress.