Cooking Time: 15 - 20 mins
Nutrition Information per serving
Ingredient list4 large bone-in Specially Selected Pork chops 150 ml freshly squeezed orange juice 200 ml pork stock (or vegetable stock) 1 cinnamon stick 1 tsp whole cloves 6 tsp cornflour Salt and pepper, to taste 2 oranges Vegetable oil
1.You can prepare the sauce in advance and reheat on the BBQ, if you wish. Place the orange juice and stock into a small saucepan along with the cinnamon stick and whole cloves. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Gently bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer for five minutes to allow the spices to infuse into the sauce.
Strain out the spices and thicken with the cornflour dissolved in a little cold water. Stir continuously until the sauce is thick. Cover and set aside until needed.
3. Grill your pork chops on the barbecue for ten minutes per side, or until the internal temperature reaches 71 C or the juices run clear.
4. Half the oranges and brush the cut side with a little vegetable oil. Grill for a few minutes on the barbecue.
5. If your pork chops are rather thick (more than one inch) you could also bake them in a hot 200 C oven for 15 minutes before finishing them off on the barbecue. If doing this you could brush the halved oranges in a little of the pork juices from the pan before grilling them.
6. Serve the pork chops with the orange sauce and some new potatoes with one half of a grilled orange each.