Cooking Time: 2 to 21/2 hours
Nutrition Information per serving
It’s delicious, are we really counting calories?
- 125kg (21/2lb) lean Specially Selected
- Pork loin, leg or shoulder joint
- 15ml (1tbsp) Chinese 5 spice
- For the Stuffing:
- 1 onion, chopped
- 15ml (1tbsp) oil
- 150g (5oz) fresh breadcrumbs
- 50g (2oz) black pudding, chopped into small pieces
- 2.5ml (1/2tsp) Chinese 5 spice
- 45-60ml (3-4tbsp) apple sauce
1.Take the pork joint, score the rind and rub all over with the Chinese 5 spice, oil and salt. Place onto a rack and open roast in a preheated oven, Gas Mark 4-5, 180°C, 350°F, for the calculated cooking time.
2. Meanwhile make the stuffing. Heat the oil in a pan and gently soften the onion. Remove from the heat and add the fresh breadcrumbs, black pudding Chinese 5 spice and apple sauce. Mix together well and shape into 10-12 stuffing balls. Place onto a baking tray and add to the oven during the last 30 minutes of cooking time.
3. Serve the pork with the stuffing balls, pak choi or green vegetables, roasted apples, potatoes and gravy. Alternatively serve sliced cold with a Chinese noodle salad or potato salad.