Cooking Time: 30 - 40 mins
Nutrition Information per serving
Ingredient list8 Specially Selected Pork sausages 1 tbsp olive oil 1 large onion, finely chopped 2 large garlic cloves, finely chopped 1 carrot, peeled and chopped into 1 cm pieces 1 celery stick, chopped into 1 cm pieces 1 leek, halved lengthwise and finely sliced 1 courgette, chopped into 1 cm pieces 1 tbsp smoked paprika ½ tsp dried oregano ½ tsp dried basil ½ tsp dried parsley 2 tbsp double concentrate tomato puree 350 grams passata rustica (crushed tomatoes) 750 ml boiling water 1 vegetable stock pot Freshly ground black pepper
1. Heat your grill to medium and grill the sausages for 10 minutes, turning regularly so that they brown evenly. Transfer to a paper towel to drain while you prepare the rest of the soup.
2. Heat the oil in a soup pan and gently sauté the onion, garlic, carrot, celery, leek and courgette until the vegetables begin to soften; about five minutes.
3. Stir in the smoked paprika, dried herbs and tomato puree. Stir well.
4. Add the passata rustica, boiling water and the vegetable stock pot and stir.
5. Cut your sausages into bite sized pieces and add to the soup. Stir, cover, and reduce the heat to medium-low. Simmer for 10-15 minutes until the vegetables are cooked.
6. Season with freshly ground black pepper to taste and serve.
Tasty tip: replace the water and vegetable stock pot with 750 ml homemade vegetable stock.