Cooking Time: 40 mins
Nutrition Information per serving
A little bit of pastry isn’t going to hurt!
- 350g cooked Specially Selected Pork, cubed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 apples, peeled, cored and cubed
- 1 large leek, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp chopped sage
- 2 tbsp plain flour, plus extra for dusting
- 150ml dry cider
- 250ml hot chicken stock
- 500g pack all butter puff pastry
- milk for brushing
1. Heat a tablespoon of oil in a large pan and lightly brown the apple pieces
then remove and set aside. Add a little more oil to the pan and cook the
leeks and sage for 3 – 4 mins until softened.
2. Add the flour to the pan and cook for a couple of minutes then add half the
cider, stirring until smooth before adding the remainder. Bubble for 2
minutes then add the stock, pork and apple pieces. Cover and simmer gently
for 10 – 15 mins.
3. Meanwhile, heat the oven to 220C/fan 200C/gas 7. Roll out the pastry to
the thickness of a pound coin and cut out four circles big enough to cover 4
small pie dishes. Divide the pork mixture between the dishes and brush the
rims with milk.
4. Lift the pastry on to the pies, trimming off any excess. Press down and
crimp the edges with a fork then cut a couple of slits in the top of each to let
the steam out. Brush with milk and bake for 15-20 minutes, until the pastry
is risen and golden brown.
Tasty Tip: Not got cooked pork? No worries start with fresh cubed pork shoulder and leg and make sure it’s nicely browned before adding to the pie!