Cooking Time: 40 - 45 mins
Nutrition Information per serving
Nutrition: Kcals 449, Fat 19.7, Protein 65.1, Sugar 2.2, Salt 1.9, Carb 3.1
- 4 x 200g double loin chops
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 150ml dry white wine
- 150ml double cream
- 4 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 tbsp clear honey
- A few sprigs fresh rosemary
1.Preheat the oven to 190 C/ 170 C fan/ gas mark 5. Season the chops on both sides. Heat the oil in a frying pan and brown the chops for 2-3 minutes on each side. Remove from the pan using tongs and arrange slightly overlapping in shallow oven proof dish.
2. Fry the onion in the same pan for 5 minutes to soften but not brown, then stir in the wine, cream, mustard and honey. Season to taste. Bring to the boil, then pour over the chops. Sprinkle with rosemary sprigs and bake for 40-45 minutes until lightly golden and tender. Serve immediately with freshly cooked vegetables.
3. Serve the chops with plenty of sauce spooned over and crusty bread to mop up the juices.