Cooking Time: 25 - 30 mins
Nutrition Information per serving
Are you going to argue with such a delicious dish?
- 500g thin strips of Specially Selected Pork fillet or boneless leg steaks
- 2 cups basmati rice
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 small red pepper, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 1 small green pepper, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 432g can pineapple pieces, drained and juice reserved
- 300ml tomato juice
- 1 tbsp sweet chilli and garlic sauce
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- Sliced spring onions to garnish
- Olive oil spray
1.Cook the rice according to pack instructions. Drain well. Spray a non-stick frying pan or wok with oil and heat. Add pork and cook in batches for 2-3 minutes over a high heat, until browned and cooked through. Set aside
2. Reheat wok, add onion and stir-fry until golden. Add pepper and carrot and stir-fry for a further 2-3 minutes, until tender.
3. Meanwhile, blend together the pineapple juice, tomato sauce, chilli and garlic sauce, vinegar and cornflour in a jug and whisk until smooth. Return pork to wok, add the sauce and pineapple, stirring over a moderate heat until the sauce thickens.
4. Garnish with sliced spring onions. Serve with rice.