Cooking Time: 6 - 8 hours
Nutrition Information per serving
Ingredient listFor the pork: 1.5kg Specially Selected Pork shoulder 1 tbsp olive oil 6 cloves garlic, minced 2 tbsp paprika 1 tbsp ground cumin 1 tsp ground cayenne pepper 1 tbsp tomato puree 1 tbsp cider vinegar For the slaw: ½ a white cabbage 2 small red onions 2 medium carrots 2-4 chillies, to taste 100g mayonnaise 1 tbsp cider vinegar 2 tsp tabasco Pinch of salt To serve: Tortilla wraps Avocado Soured cream
1.Roughly dice the pork shoulder into cubes and add to a large bowl.
2. Mix the olive oil, garlic, spices, tomato puree and vinegar together to form the marinade. Add to the pork and mix well until the meat is fully coated.
3. Transfer to the slow cooker and cook on medium for 6-8 hours.
4. Meanwhile, make the slaw: Finely slice the cabbage, red onions and chilles. Peel then grate the carrots. Add all the prepared vegetables to a large bowl.
5. Whisk the mayonnaise, vinegar, tabasco and salt together. Pour over the vegetables and stir to combine.
6. Once the pork has cooked, transfer to a hot frying pan for a few minutes, stirring continuously. This step is optional but adds a lovely caramelised flavour.
7. Serve in warm tortillas filled with the slaw, pork and any extras such as avocado and soured cream.