Cooking Time: 25 - 30 mins
Nutrition Information per serving
- 150g (5 oz) smoked Specially Selected Bacon lardons
- 500g (1lb 2oz) baby potatoes, scrubbed Salt
- 6 spring onions, trimmed and chopped
- 4 tbsp freshly chopped chives
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
1. Halve or quarter the potatoes, depending on size, and place in a saucepan. Cover with water and add a generous pinch of salt. Bring to the boil and cook for 12-15 minutes until tender. Drain well and leave to cool.
2. Put the cold potatoes in a bowl and mix in the spring onions and chives. Blend the mayonnaise and vinegar and toss into the potatoes. Cover and chill until required.
3. Just before serving, heat a frying pan until hot and stir fry the bacon lardons for 4-5 minutes until cooked through and crispy. Drain well. Toss half into the potato salad and transfer to a serving bowl.
4. Sprinkle over the remaining lardons and serve immediately. Delicious with barbecued pork chops and sausages.