Cooking Time: 30 - 40 mins
Nutrition Information per serving
Ingredient list1 Specially Selected Pork Tenderloin Fillet For the marinade: 1 tablespoon ground all spice 1 tablespoon ground black pepper 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg 1 finger sized piece of ginger (peeled and roughly chopped) 3 red chillies (halved and seeds removed) 1 tablespoon thyme leaves 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar 1 tablespoon soy sauce Juice of 1 x lime 1/2 teaspoon salt For the coconut rice and beans: 200g basmati rice (rinsed under cold running water) 300ml water 1 x 400ml tin coconut milk 1 teaspoon ground all spice 1/4 teaspoon salt 1 x 400g kidney beans (drained)
1. Remove the pork from it’s packaging and allow it to come to room temperature. Pat dry with kitchen roll.
2. Place all the marinade ingredients, except the soy sauce and lime juice into a food processor / mini chopper and whiz to make a puree. Add the soy and lime juice and mix well by hand.
3. Place the marinade into a bowl or oven dish and add the pork, massaging all over the meat. Cover and place in the fridge for at least an hour, but ideally overnight.
4. Light a BBQ and allow it to come to a medium temperature. Remove the pork from the bowl and place onto the warmed BBQ. Allow to sear all over then close the lid and allow to cook for 15-20 mins. Remove when cooked through and juices run clear. Try not to overcook the pork, as this will dry out the meat. If you have a meat thermometer cook until the temperature reads 72 degrees Celsius. Cover with tin foil and allow to rest for 10 mins.
5. Meanwhile cook the rice and beans. Place 200g rinsed basmati rice in a medium pan with 300ml water, 400ml coconut milk, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon ground all spice. Allow to come to the boil. Reduce the heat to low, put the lid on the pan and allow to simmer until almost all the liquid has been absorbed (should take around 15 – 20 minutes) stirring occasionally. Add the drained kidney beans and warm through.
6. Serve the pork in thin slices with the coconut rice and beans garnished with chopped coriander and wedges of fresh lime.