Cooking Time: 15 - 20 mins
Nutrition Information per serving
- 8 rashers Specially Selected Bacon
- 4 eggs
- 20g butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 120ml cream
- Salt and pepper
- 2 sheets puff pastry
- 100g mozzarella cheese, cubed
- Rocket salad
1.Pre-heat oven to 210°C
2. Trim the bacon of rind and cut each rasher into two pieces.
3. Melt butter in a small pan and sauté the onion over a medium heat for 2 – 3 minutes. Remove and cool.
4. Break the eggs into a small bowl and add the cream. Use a fork to gently blend together, but do not beat. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Cut each sheet of puff pastry into 4 equal squares and place into greased muffin pans.
6. Arrange the 2 pieces of bacon in each pastry case and place a few squares of mozzarella.
7. Pour the egg mixture slowly into each pastry case.
8. Bake the tarts in the pre-heated oven for 12 – 15 minutes until the pastry is puffed and golden. Allow to cool for 5 minutes in the tin prior to removing tarts.
9. Serve hot with fresh salad leaves or leave to cool and enjoy as a lunch box treat.
Top Tip: Cherry tomatoes or spinach leaves can be added to these tarts for a delicious difference.