Cooking Time: 10 - 15 minutes
Nutrition Information per serving
Black pudding! Need I say more.....
- 4 slices black pudding
- 100g smoked bacon lardons or chopped smoked streaky bacon
- 8 large fresh scallops
- 25g unsalted butter
- 2 eating apples, cored and thickly sliced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Little Gem lettuce, washed
1.Melt the butter in a frying pan and add the apple wedges and mix well in the butter. Cook over a medium heat for 7-8 minutes, turning halfway through until just soft and lightly browned. Drain well and keep warm.
2. Meanwhile, heat another frying pan until hot. Add the lardons or bacon and cook gently for 2 minutes until the fat and juices begin to run. Increase the heat and stir fry for 5 minutes until crisp and golden. Drain, reserving the juices, and keep warm.
3. Reheat the juices and add the scallops; sear for 2 minutes then turn over and season lightly, and cook for a further 2 minutes. Add the black pudding slices and cook for 2 minutes on each side. Drain well.
4. To serve, line a serving bowl with lettuce and top with scallops and apples. Break up the black pudding and scatter on top along with the lardons or bacon. Serve immediately.