Cooking Time: 30 - 40 mins
Nutrition Information per serving
- 10 - 12 rashers Specially SelectedBacon, grilled
- 4 - 6 soft ciabatta rolls, lightly toasted
- 4 - 6 eggs, poached or fried
- 4 - 6 slices mild Scottish cheddar, thinly sliced
- 50g baby salad leaves
- 4tbsp quality mayonnaise
- 1kg small ripe tomatoes, halved
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 3 red peppers, diced
- Salt and pepper
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 100g brown sugar
- 2tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1tsp whole grain mustard
1.Pre-heat oven to 180°C
2. You can prepare relish ahead of time.
3. Place tomatoes, oil, red peppers, salt and pepper in a large bowl and toss well to coat with oil.
4. Place tomatoes and red peppers into an oven proof dish and roast vegetables at 180°C for 30 – 40 minutes. Remove and cool slightly.
5. In a medium saucepan sauté the onion with a little oil, then stir in the brown sugar, balsamic vinegar and seeded mustard. Simmer for 15 minutes.
6. Add the tomatoes and red peppers to the saucepan and simmer for a further 20 minutes, stirring frequently. Cool and use as required.
7. Spread the toasted ciabatta roll top and bottom with the mayonnaise. Place a few salad leaves on the base, top with a slice of cheese, an egg, 2 – 3 rashers of bacon and finally a dollop of relish, if using.
8. Place the lid of the roll on top and serve.