Cooking Time: 2 hours
Nutrition Information per serving
Kcals 852 Fat 55g, Protein 50.8g, Carbohydrate 41.9g, Sugars 14g, Salt 0.6g
- 1.5kg boneless belly of Specially Selected Pork (Cut into 4 equal squares)
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp Jamaican Jerk seasoning (or Cajun)
- 1kg sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 2 large red onions cut into wedges
1.Taking great care, deeply score the pork rind with a sharp pointed knife – the more cuts, the better the crackling. Even better, ask your butcher to do this for you.
2. Mix together the lemon zest and juice, olive oil and the Jerk seasoning to make a paste. Rub the spicy paste over and into the meat (not the rind). Cover and marinate in a cool place for at least an hour and preferably overnight in the fridge.
3. Heat the oven to 190’C / 170’C Fan / Gas Mark 5. Wipe dry the pork rind with absorbent kitchen paper and roast in a large deep roasting tin for 1 hour 30 minutes. Scatter the sweet potato and onion around the pork, coating in any pan juices and return to the oven for a further 30 minutes or until the potatoes are just tender.
4. Lift the pork out onto a platter and leave to rest for 10 minutes before cutting into strips or chunks. Serve with the roasted vegetables and pan juices skimmed of fat.