Cooking Time: 1 hour 45 mins
Nutrition Information per serving
Nutrition: Kcals 758, Fat 38.8g, Protein 46.8g, Carb 50g, Sugar 11g, Salt 2g
- 250g Specially Selected Pork mince
- 500g Scotch Beef mince
- 4 rashers smoked streaky bacon, chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 cans chopped tomatoes
- 300ml red wine or beef stock
- 2 bay leaves
- 375g packet dried lasagne sheets
- 500g jar white béchamel sauce
- 220g ball mozzarella, drained and roughly torn
- 2 tbsp freshly grated Parmesan
1. Heat the oil in large pan and cook the onion, garlic, celery and bacon over a fairly high heat until nicely browned. Add the pork and beef and continue to cook the meat to seal it all over.
2. Add the tomatoes, wine or stock and bay leaves. Bring to the boil then cover and simmer for 45 minutes.
3. Heat the oven to 190°C. Spread a third of the meat sauce into a large baking dish and top with a layer of lasagne. Add a little white sauce and some mozzarella then continue to layer up to make three layers finishing with the lasagne sheets topped with white sauce. Scatter over the remaining mozzarella and sprinkle evenly with Parmesan.
4. Sit the lasagne on a baking sheet and cook for 45 minutes, covering with foil once the top is nicely browned. Leave to sit for a few minutes before serving.