Cooking Time: Approx 30 mins
Nutrition Information per serving
- For the Meatballs:
- 750g Specially Selected Pork mince
- 1 Tbsp Corn flour
- 1 Tbsp Oil to cook
- For the lemongrass paste:
- 1 Lemongrass stick roughly chopped
- Small bunch of coriander
- 2 Cloves of garlic peeled
- 15g piece of ginger peeled
- ½ Green chilli deseeded
- 1 Tbsp Fish sauce
- 1 Tbsp Coconut sugar (or soft brown sugar)
- 1 Tbsp Oil
- For the noodle dressing:
- 2 Tbsp Soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp Fish Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Caster sugar
- 1 Tbsp Rice Vinegar (or white wine vinegar)
- Juice of ½ a lime
- For the pickled carrot and cucumber:
- 1 Large carrot cut into ribbons (use a potato peeler)
- ½ Cucumber cut into ribbons
- 2 Tbsp Rice vinegar (or white wine vinegar)
- Pinch of salt
- 1 Tbsp Caster sugar
- For the toppings:
- 500g Rice noodles
- 4 Spring onions chopped
- Small bunch Coriander chopped
- Small bunch Mint chopped
- 4 Tbsp Peanuts chopped
- 4 Tsps Sesame seeds
- 1 Tbsp Sriracha sauce
- 4 Tbsp Mayonaise
- 1 Lime
1. First make the paste, put all the paste ingredients into a food processor and blitz. In a large bowl add the pork mince break up a little, add the paste and cornflour mix together well. Line a tray with baking paper. Roll the meatballs roughly a heaped tablespoon per meat ball, place on the lined tray cover with cling film and refrigerate to firm up for 20 mins.
2. Now make your noodle dressing, in a bowl whisk together all the dressing ingredients until the sugar has dissolved and set aside.
3. Now for the pickled veg place the carrot and cucumber ribbons in a bowl and add the vinegar, sugar and salt mix together making sure the ribbons are all coated put in the fridge until ready to use.
4. Heat the oven to 150c. Heat a frying pan on a medium to high heat, add the oil when hot add the meatballs, you may need to cook in batches depending on your frying pan size. Keep turning the meatballs so brown on all sides cook for about 12 minutes. Place meatballs on a baking tray and place in oven to keep warm whilst you fry the rest of the meatballs.
5. Boil a pan of water and cook the rice noodles for a few minutes until soft, drain and then toss with the noodle dressing you made earlier.
6. In a bowl mix together the mayonnaise and sriracha sauce.
7. Now assemble your bowls. First distribute the noodles between four bowls, then add the meatballs and pickled carrot and cucumber. Top with the chopped herbs, spring onion, peanuts and sesame seeds. Add some sriracha mayonnaise and a piece of lime.