Cooking Time: 20 mins
Nutrition Information per serving
Serves 3 -4
- 4 thick Butchers Pork or Cumberland sausages 1 tablespoon olive oil 1 medium onion, sliced 1 large clove garlic, crushed 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika Pinch salt & pepper 400g tin chopped tomatoes 2 sweet red pointed peppers, sliced into rings 100g sliced kale 4 large free range eggs 50g feta cheese, crumbled 50g Greek yoghurt to top (optional)
1. Heat a medium lidded skillet or saute pan on the stove with a tablespoon of olive oil. Brown the sausages all over then remove them from the pan, and place to one side for now.
2. Add the sliced onions to the pan and fry gently until softened, for around 5 minutes.
3. Add the crushed garlic, smoked paprika, sliced red peppers and tinned tomatoes plus some salt and pepper and cook gently for around 10 minutes with the lid on the pan.
4. Meanwhile, slice the browned sausages into two or three pieces each and return to the pan with the kale once the sauce has simmered for 10 minutes or so. Cook gently for a couple of minutes until the kale has wilted.
5. Remove the lid and create a space for each of the eggs using the back of a wooden spoon. Now carefully break each of the eggs into the spaces created in the pan, ideally, the eggs should be touching the bottom of the pan so they cook more quickly. Now return the lid to the pan and continue to cook at a low heat until the whites of the eggs have firmed up, but the yolks are still runny. If you prefer firmer yolks you can break them up slightly before serving and the heat from the pan will firm them up.
6. Remove the pan from the heat and crumble some feta on top, along with some flakes of sea salt and ground black pepper.
7. Serve immediately with some warmed flatbreads or toasted sourdough bread, with little blobs of Greek yoghurt on top if you like.