Cooking Time: 20 - 30 mins
Nutrition Information per serving
- For the meatballs: 300g Specially Selected Pork mince 1 small apple - peeled and grated 1/4 teaspoon ground fennel seeds pinch of chilli flakes 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves zest of 1/2 lemon 1 medium egg - beaten 5 tablespoons fresh breadcrumbs pinch salt & pepper
- For the cups: 1 pack of puff pastry flour for dusting 1/2 pack of feta cheese 100g passata (with added herbs) 1 tablespoon fresh basil or flat leaf parsley, leaves picked Fresh pomegranate seeds
1. Preheat oven to 200°C.
2. Make meatballs by combining all ingredients in a bowl. Mix together then divide the mixture into approximately 32 round balls.
3. In bathes, cook the meatballs in a hot frying pan – allow them to brown all over.
4. Meanwhile, spray two mini size muffin tins (32 moulds total) with non-stick cooking spray.
5. Lightly flour work surface and roll pastry to thickness of £1 coin.
6. Use a round cutter to cut round of pastry big enough to fit to the top of the mini muffin moulds. Make sure to press the pastry up the sides of the muffin mould.
7. Sprinkle each cup of dough with ½ teaspoon of crumbled feta cheese. Place one meatball on top of the cheese. Lightly press the meatball down on the cheese and dough.
8. Bake meatball cups for 15-20 minutes until pastry is golden brown and meatballs cooked through.
9. Remove from oven and top with 1 teaspoon passata and a little crumbled feta cheese.
10. Top with fresh chopped parsley or basil, and a couple of pomogranate seeds. Serve warm or cold.