Cooking Time: 30 - 40 mins
Nutrition Information per serving
- 200g Specially Selected Pork Fillet or Leg Steaks
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 4 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 450g (1lb) plums, pitted and chopped
- 1 tsp Chinese Five Spice powder
- 2 tbsp clear honey
- Salt and black pepper
1. First make the plum sauce. Put the onion and garlic in a saucepan with the garlic and vinegar. Heat gently, stirring, until simmering, then cook gently for 5 minutes. Add the plums, five spice and 2 tbsp water. Bring to the boil, reduce to a gentle simmer, cover and cook for 30 minutes until soft and pulpy. Stir in the honey and season to taste. Serve the sauce hot or cold.
2. Heat a non- stick pan or griddle pan. Slice the pork into 6 even-sized pieces, only brush with the olive oil if your pan is non-stick, season with salt and pepper. Sear in the hot pan for 3 minutes on each side until well browned, then turn onto their round sides to brown for a minute or two, turning to finish the searing. Transfer to a warm serving dish in the oven, while you cook the plum sauce.
3. Serve the pork medallions with the plum sauce, reheating the sauce if you prefer it hot.
Tasty Tip: Not got time to make your own plum sauce? You can buy a jar and add it to the pork.