Cooking Time: 30 - 45 mins
Nutrition Information per serving
Ingredient list500g Lean Specially Selected Pork Fillet or Loin. 500g Sweet Potato, peeled and sliced into chips. 2 Pears, tops and bottoms removed, sliced and core removed. 100g Mixed Peppers, deseeded and sliced. 50g Wild Mushrooms. 80g White Stilton with Apricot, half sliced and half cubed. Salt & Pepper. 4 Tablespoons Teriyaki or Barbeque Sauce. 1 Teaspoon Ground Ginger. 1 Teaspoon Ground Garlic. 35ml Rapeseed Oil. 10g Chia and Flax Seeds.
1. Pre-heat the oven to 400F, 200C or Gas Mark 6.
2. Slice the pork along the top, the full length, down the middle, leaving around a quarter of an inch on the bottom. You want to be able to open it out to stuff it, but not cut completely through.
3. Lightly season the inside of the meat with salt and pepper, then lay thin slices of white apricot stilton inside. You may have to crumble it. On top of the stilton, lay slices of pear.
4. To close the meat, with the stuffing inside, you can use bamboo skewers, toothpicks, kitchen string, or a sterilised haberdashery needle with kitchen twine, and sew it closed. Ensure you leave enough twine at both ends to be able to snip the twine and remove it after cooking.
5. Add 30ml of oil to a frying pan or skillet and heat it. Sear the meat on all sides until it begins to brown, then remove it from the pan, leaving the juices behind for the vegetables.
6. Mix the Ground Ginger and Ground Garlic with 5ml of Rapeseed oil, until smooth. Add the sweet potato, remaining pears, mixed peppers and wild mushrooms to the hot pan, then add in the ginger and garlic paste. Lightly fry until the vegetables are coated.
7. Remove the vegetables from the pan and place in an oven dish. Place the pork loin on top of the vegetables and drizzle with 1-2 tablespoons of Teriyaki or barbeque sauce. Add the remaining white apricot stilton cubes to the dish.
8. Cover the dish and cook in the oven for 30-45 minutes.
9. When you remove your pork from the oven, cut the pork into thick slices and return them to the dish with the vegetables.
10. Once again, drizzle with the Teriyaki or barbeque sauce, and sprinkle with the chia and flax seeds.