Cooking Time: 20 - 25 mins
Nutrition Information per serving
- 4 Specially Selected Pork loin chops
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 fresh ripe figs, quartered
- 3 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- Creamy mashed potato for serving
1.Line a grill pan with foil and preheat the grill to medium. Brush the pork with the oil and grill for 4-5 minutes on each side or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to dish and keep warm.
2. Carefully pour the grill pan juices into a medium frying pan, add the remaining olive oil then add the figs and cook for 1-2 minutes or until lightly coloured. Keep the figs warm with the pork.
3. Add the Balsamic vinegar and sugar to the pan with 5 tbsp water (or white wine). Bring to the boil and simmer for 2-3 minutes or until reduced and syrupy. Return figs to the pan to heat through.
4. Pile some mashed tatties onto warmed plates, top with the pork, figs and a drizzle of balsamic syrup.
Tasty Tip: Specially Selected Pork tenderloin is a quicker cooking substitute. Simply pan fry tenderloin medallions for 2-3 minutes on each side until done to your liking.