Cooking Time: 45 mins
Nutrition Information per serving
- 500g Specially Selected Pork mince 500g Butchers Specially Selected Pork sausages, removed from their skins or 500g pork sausage meat from your butcher 1 red onion, very finely chopped 200g sourdough bread, half blitzed into breadcrumbs in a food processor and the other half broken into small chunks 1 Bramley apple, peeled, grated & squeezed between the hands to remove excess juice Zest of 1/2 lemon Zest of 1 orange or 2 clementines 15g fresh sage, finely chopped 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg 1/2 teaspoon finely ground black pepper Generous pinch of salt
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas 5
2. Place all the ingredients into a large bowl, except the small chunks of sourdough bread. Mix thoroughly with your hands until everything is well combined.
3. Place the stuffing mixture into a shallow ovenproof dish then scatter the chunks of bread on top, pressing them down into the stuffing slightly.
4. Bake in a hot oven for 40-45 minutes, checking every so often to make sure the bread isn’t burning. If it looks like it’s browning too quickly turn the heat down slightly. Bake until the stuffing is golden brown on top, and piping hot throughout.