Cooking Time: 20 mins (Plus 30 mins marinating)
Nutrition Information per serving
Nutrition: Kcals 297, Fat 12.9g, Protein 38.5g, Carbohydrate 6.9g, Sugar 5.8g, Salt 0.7g
Ingredient listFor the Skewers:
- 450g Specially Selected Pork fillet, or lean shoulder, cut into 2 cm slices.
- 2 small cox or braeburn apples,
- cored and cut into wedges
- 2 small red onions, peeled,
- cut into quarters lengthwise and layers separated.
- For the Marinade:
- 3tbsp olive oil
- 2tbsp cider vinegar (or 6 tbsp apple juice)
- 1 clove garlic peeled and crushed
- 2tsp dried sage and 1tbsp of clear honey
- Salt and pepper
- 8 bamboo or metal skewers
1. Prepare the meat, apples and onions as above and place in a bowl.
2. Combine all the ingredients for the marinade, (keep some aside for brushing during cooking) pour it over the prepared meat etc, leave to marinate for 20 to 30 minutes, turning in the liquid now and again
3. Pre-heat the grill or light the barbeque
4. Thread the skewers with a chunk of meat, a slice of onion,a sage leaf and a piece of apple; and so on until you’ve used up all the ingredients. Use the reserved marinade to brush over the kebabs as they cook.
5. Cook under a hot grill (or bbq) for about 15-20 minutes, turning regularly and brushing with the marinade or until done to your liking. Let the kebabs rest for 5 minutes or so before eating.
6. Serve with rice or in a warm baguette with mustard and watercress.