Cooking Time: 10 - 15 mins
Nutrition Information per serving
Ingredient listFor the souvlaki: 800g Specially Selected Pork fillet/leg or shoulder 4 tbsp olive oil 1/2 tbsp white wine vinegar 1 lemon, juice of 2 cloves garlic, minced 1/2 tbsp oregano ½ tsp salt 2 medium red onions For the tzatziki: 125g cucumber 350g greek yoghurt 2 cloves garlic, minced 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil 10g fresh dill, finely chopped Pinch of salt 1 tsp lemon juice
1.Roughly dice the pork fillet into cubes and add to a large bowl.
2. Mix the olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, oregano and salt to form the marinade. Add to the pork and mix well until the meat is fully coated. Marinade in the fridge for up to 24 hours.
3. Meanwhile, make the tzatziki: remove the watery middle bit of the cucumber, including seeds, and discard. Finely chop the remaining cucumber. Add to a bowl with the greek yoghurt, garlic, olive oil, dill, salt and lemon juice. Mix well, then chill until ready to serve.
4. Once ready to cook, chop the onion into large chunks. Thread the pork and red onion onto the skewers, alternating between the two. You should get 8-12 skewers, depending on size.
5. Cook under a medium-high grill for 10-12 minutes, turning halfway through.
6. Serve with warm pitta bread and tzatziki.