Cooking Time: 20 mins
Nutrition Information per serving
- For the salad: 300-400g Specially Selected Pork, Sage, Apple and Clementine Stuffing mix 2 carrots, peeled and cut into batons (I used a mixture of orange and purple carrots) 2 parsnips, peeled and cut into batons 1 bag mixed winter leaf salad 80g vac-packed chestnuts 50g pomegranate seeds 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- For the dressing: 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil Juice of 1 large / 2 small clementines Juice of 1/2 lemon 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar 1 teaspoon runny honey (or to taste) 1 teaspoon pomegranate molasses Salt & pepper to taste
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas 5.
2. Prepare the carrots and parsnips for roasting by peeling and cutting into even sized batons. Place the chopped veg on a large baking tray and drizzle with a little of the vegetable oil and a pinch of salt and pepper and roast in a hot oven for around 20-25 minutes, until the edges have browned a little and the veg is just tender.
3. While the vegetables are roasting shape the stuffing mixture into large marble sized balls. Using slightly wet hands stops the stuffing mixture sticking to your hands too much.
4. Place a large frying pan on the hob and heat, then add the rest of the vegetable oil. Brown the meatballs, on all sides then remove from the pan, transfer to a baking tray and finish off in the oven until piping hot (around 6 minutes).
5. Make the dressing by combining all the ingredients in a bowl and whisking together. Taste and adjust seasoning if required, add more honey if it’s too sharp.
6. Assemble the salad by scattering the salad leaves onto a large platter, then arrange the roasted vegetables on top followed by the cooked meatballs. Drizzle dressing all over the salad then finally crumble the chestnuts and scatter pomegranate seeds on top. Eat immediately.