Cooking Time: 4 hours 30 mins
Nutrition Information per serving
- For the pulled pork: 425g Boneless Specially Selected Pork shoulder 1 Tbsp Brown sugar 1 Tbsp Smoked Paprika Good pinch of salt
- For the soup: 1 Tbsp Oil 1 Onion finely chopped 1 Clove of garlic crushed Pinch of salt and pepper 1 Tbsp tomato puree 2 Tsps Smoked Paprika 500g Tomato passata 2 Jalapenos 1 Bay leaf 1 Tbsp Liquid smoke 1 and 1/2 Pints Chicken stock 150g Sweetcorn cut off the cob Juice of 1 Lime Oil to fry tortillas in 3 Soft Tortillas cut into thin strips 4 Tbsps Chopped Coriander 1 Avocado stone removed and sliced 4 Tbsps Sour Cream
1. Preheat the oven to 220c/200fan/gas7/425f. Mix the brown sugar, paprika and salt together and rub all over the pork. Place on a baking tray with a little water in the bottom and cook on this higher heat for 30 minutes. Then turn down the heat to about 150c/130fan/gas2/300f cover the pork with foil and cook for further 4 hours until soft and falling apart, shred using two forks.
2. For the soup. In a large pan add the oil and on a medium to low heat gently fry the onions and garlic until soft. Mix in the tomato puree and then add the passata, liquid smoke, paprika, chicken stock, bay leaf, pierce the two chillies and put them in too, mix well and leave to simmer for about 20 minutes, add more stock if needed.
3. Now add in the sweetcorn, and pulled pork, season to taste and add the juice of the lime. Cook for further 10 minutes. Remove the chillies and bay leaf.
4. In a frying pan add the oil and on a high heat fry the tortilla strips until crispy and golden sprinkle with salt and set aside.
5. Serve the soup in big bowls and top off with coriander, avocado, sour cream and a handful of tortillas.