Cooking Time: 2 hours (approx)
Nutrition Information per serving
- 2kg boneless leg of pork, skin scored
- 100g unsalted butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 300g fresh white breadcrumbs
- Grated rind and juice 1 medium orange
- 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp freshly chopped thyme
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
1.Preheat the oven to 230 C/ 210 C Fan/ Gas 8.
2. Melt the butter in a small frying pan and gently fry the onion for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until softened but not browned. Put the breadcrumbs in a mixing bowl and stir in the buttery onion, orange rind and juice, mustard, plenty of seasoning and the thyme. Bring together to make a firm stuffing mixture.
3. Unroll the pork and lay skin-side down on a board. Place 1/3 stuffing down the centre of the pork, then roll to enclose. Insert skewers to hold in place whilst you re-tie the joint with clean string. Place the joint in a roasting tin and rub the surface with oil and seasoning. Roast for 20 minutes then reduce the temperature to 180 C/ 160 Fan/ Gas 4 and cook for a further 2 hours.
4. Meanwhile, form the remaining stuffing into 8-10 balls and add to the pork roasting tin to cook, basting in the cooking juices, for the last 25 minutes of cooking.
5. Let the pork rest for 10 minutes before serving with roast potatoes in their skin and the stuffing balls.