Cooking Time: 2 hours to 2 1/2 hours
Nutrition Information per serving
- 1.5kg Boned and rolled shoulder of Specially Selected Pork - Rind removed
- For the stuffing:
- 225g ready-to-eat dried fruits i.e. apricots, apples, prunes - finely chopped
- 1/2 tbsp ground cumin
- 25g pine nuts
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced (optional)
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
1.Preheat the oven: 190’C / 170’C Fan / Gas 5.
2. To make the stuffing, mix together the fruits, spices and pine nuts. Untie the pork; spread the stuffing over the meat, season lightly with salt and pepper then re-roll and secure with string.
3. Use the tip of a sharp knife to insert slivers of garlic into the skin and around the joint (optional).
4. Weigh the stuffed joint and calculate the roasting time allowing 35 minutes per 450g and 35 minutes over. Transfer to a roasting tin and cook in the preheated oven.
5. When cooked, remove and leave to cool for around 10 mins in the roasting tin before slicing.
Tasty Tip: When stuffing any joint of meat, do not re-roll the meat or re-tie the string too tightly as the stuffing will plump up during cooking.