Cooking Time: 1 1/2 Hours to 2 Hours (approx)
Nutrition Information per serving
Perfect for a dinner party!
- 1kg Pork loin on the bone 1 Carrot roughly chopped 1 stick of celery roughly chopped 1 onion roughly chopped 1 tbsp Black peppercorns 1 Bay leaf Sprig of Thyme 2 Clementine’s sliced 1 tsp oil Salt
- For the glaze: 200ml Clementine juice 120g Cranberries 25g Sugar 1 tbsp Cranberry jelly 1 tbsp Maple syrup 25g Butter Sprig of Rosemary Pinch of salt
1. First preheat the oven to 240c/220fan/475f/gas9.
2. Now make your glaze. In a pan add all the glaze ingredients and cook on a medium heat until the sugar has dissolved, the cranberries have broken up and the glaze has thickened, about 10 mins stir regularly. Remove from the heat and set aside.
3. Now remove the pork fat from the loin carefully cutting it away with a sharp knife. Score the pork fat and rub with salt and oil. Place on a baking tray this will be the crackling.
4. In a large, deep ovenproof dish add all the chopped veg, herbs and peppercorns. Place the pork loin on top and completely coat the pork in the clementine and cranberry glaze. Place the sliced clementine’s on top of the pork.
5. Place the pork into the oven. Cook for 10 minutes on the higher temperature and then reduce the heat to 170c/150fan/325f/gas3, now also put in your crackling. Cook for about 1 hour and then add the remaining glaze all over the pork. Cook for a further 20 minutes. Now turn the heat up again to 240c for the last 10 minutes to really brown the pork and crisp up the crackling. The crackling may take a bit longer.
6. Leave to rest for 10 minutes before carving.