Cooking Time: 2 - 2 1/2 Hours approx
Nutrition Information per serving
- 600g Pork shoulder roughly cut (½ cm dice) 400g tin chopped tomatoes 1 tsp cumin seeds 1 inch cinnamon stick 1 tsp thyme leaves 150ml porter or stout 1 clove garlic finely chopped 1 red onion finely chopped 1 red chilli finely chopped 1 heaped tsp hot smoked paprika ½ tsp salt 400g tin red kidney beans
1. Roughly chop the Specially Selected Pork shoulder, you can do this using a food processor or if you prefer it can be done by hand.
2. In a heavy based pan add all the ingredients except the kidney beans, stir to mix together, then bring the liquid to the boil over a medium heat.
3. Once boiling reduce to a simmer on the lowest heat possible. Remove cinnamon stick and stir in the kidney beans after 1½ hours. If the pot starts to get a little dry add in a small glass of water and stir through.
4. Cook for 2-2½ hours in total or until the meat is tender. Check for seasoning and serve with nachos, cheese and jalapenos, or tortillas, guacamole and sour cream.