Cooking Time: 30 mins
Nutrition Information per serving
- 500g Specially Selected Pork fillet 2 tbsp Hoisin sauce 1 tsp Chinese five spice 1/2 tsp chilli flakes 1 tbsp vegetable oil 1 tbsp runny honey 300g medium egg noodles 1 tsp fish sauce 1 tbsp soy sauce 200g pak choi (leaves cut in half lengthways) Juice of 2 limes Handful of fresh coriander (optional) Sprinkle of sesame seeds (optional) 800ml chicken stock 1 thumb-sized piece root ginger (skin on, cut into thin slices)
1.Preheat oven to 190°C. Mix hoisin sauce, vegetable oil, five spice powder and chilli flakes in a small bowl. Trim the pork fillet to remove any excess fat and cover all over with the sauce. Leave to marinade at room temperature for around 15 minutes in a baking tray.
2. Cover the baking tray with tin foil and place the pork into a hot oven. Cook for approx. 15 minutes. Remove from oven and drizzle the pork with honey and allow to rest for at least 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, cook the noodles in a large pan of boiling water as per instructions on the packet. Once cooked drain in a sieve and rinse under the cold tap to refresh, then place to one side until ready to use.
4. Heat the chicken stock in a pan. Once piping hot add fish sauce, soy sauce, the juice of a lime, pak choi leaves and root ginger. As soon as the pak choi leaves begin to wilt remove from the heat.
5. Slice the pork fillet into thin slices; rub the slices in the juices from the baking tray to soak up all the flavour.
6. To serve place a handful of cooked noodles at the bottom of a big bowl, top with some soup then finish off with slices of pork sprinkled with sesame seeds and fresh chopped coriander. Serve with a wedge of lime, chopsticks and a spoon.