Cooking Time: 50 mins
Nutrition Information per serving
- 12 Specially Selected Pork sausages (about 800g)
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 1 large leek, chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, sliced
- 12 new potatoes, cut in half
- 1 x jar of roasted red peppers, drained and sliced
- 2 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 4 cooking chorizo, quartered lengthways then chopped
- 300ml vintage English cider
- 1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 100ml water
- 1 x 400g tin mixed beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 handful fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
- Salt & pepper to taste
1.Heat a tablespoon of vegetable oil in a large heavy-based pan then add the sausages and fry in batches till evenly browned. Transfer to a plate.
2. Add a little more oil to the pan then add the onion and cook gently for 5 minutes. Add the chopped chorizo, carrots and leek and cook for a further 5 mins. Add the new potatoes, chopped garlic and thyme and cook for another minute or so allowing the potatoes to colour slightly.
3. Add the cider and turn up the heat till boiling. Add the chopped tomatoes plus 100ml water (add this to the empty can of tomatoes and swirl it around to get all the goodness left behind) and allow to come to the boil again. Now return the sausages to the pan. Turn the heat down and allow to simmer for 30 minutes.
4. Add the beans and cook for a further 5 minutes. Taste for seasoning – add salt & pepper to taste.
5. Serve spooned into large bowls topped with chopped parsley with creamy mash or crusty bread and butter.