Cooking Time: 20 - 30 mins
Nutrition Information per serving
- 4 Specially Selected Pork Sausages 1 Onion diced 2 Cloves of garlic minced 1 Tsp fennel seeds 2 Tbsps oil 2 Sprigs of thyme 1 bay leaf Pinch salt and pepper 1 Bulb of fennel 200ml Chicken stock ½ Tsp Chilli flakes Zest of ½ a lemon Juice of ¼ a lemon 2 Tbsps Cream 2 Tbsps Parsley chopped 1 Tbsp Pistachios chopped 200g Pappardelle pasta
1. In a large frying pan on a moderate heat add 1 tbsp of oil. When the oil is hot add the chopped onions, fry for a couple of minutes. Now add the garlic, fennel seeds, thyme leaves, bay leaf and a pinch of salt. Cook until the onions have softened for about 6 to 8 mins, put the onions on a plate and set aside.
2. Now chop your fennel bulb, cut the very end off and then cut into about 8 pieces length ways. Place in the frying pan on a moderate heat and cook until browned and softened for about 8 mins. Again set aside.
3. Remove the sausage meat from the skin and break into chunks. Add another tablespoon of oil to the pan and fry the sausage meat for about 8 minutes keep moving it around. Now add the cooked onion mixture and fennel back into the pan with the sausage. Pour over the chicken stock give it a stir and bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for about 15 minutes.
4. Whilst the sausage is cooking in a separate pan bring some salted water to a boil and add the pappardelle cook until tender and drain, save a little pasta water.
5. Remove the bay leaf from the sausage and fennel, mix in the cream, lemon juice, chilli flakes, lemon zest and a pinch of salt and pepper.
6. Mix the sausage and fennel sauce through the pasta add a little pasta water to loosen if you feel it needs it. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and pistachios.