Cooking Time: 25 - 30 mins
Nutrition Information per serving
Kcals 470, Fat 31.9g, Protein 23.1g, Carbohydrate 18.8g, Sugars 8.2g, Salt 3.5g
- 8 thick Specially Selected Pork Sausages
- 1 tbsp light olive oil or vegetable oil
- 8 shallots
- 3 carrots, thickly sliced
- 2 sticks celery, sliced
- 225g (8oz) chestnut or button mushrooms
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 125ml glass red wine (optional)
- 300ml (1/2 pt) vegetable or chicken stock
- 2 tsp freshly chopped parsley or chives
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1.Heat the oil in a saucepan or lidded frying pan and cook the sausage for approximately 5 minutes until lightly browned. Remove to one side.
2. Add the shallots, carrots and celery to the hot oil, cover and cook over a medium heat for 2-3 minutes. Add the mushrooms, sprinkle on the flour then blend in the red wine and stock.
3. Return the sausages to the saucepan. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Season with freshly ground black pepper, stir in the freshly chopped herbs and serve.