Cooking Time: 30 mins
Nutrition Information per serving
Kcals 424, Fat 27.7g, Protein 30.6g, Carbohydrate 14.9g, Sugars 14.8g, Salt 1.3g
- 4 x 150g Specially Selected Pork steaks
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp clear honey
- 4 short cinnamon sticks
- 4 star anise
- 4 cardamom pods, bruised
- 2 small firm dessert pears, peeled, halved and cored
- 1 tbsp butter
1.Pre-heat oven: 200’C / 180’C Fan / Gas Mark 6 and cut 4 large pieces of silver foil or greaseproof paper to roughly 30cm’s square.
2. Place a steak in the centre of each sheet; mix together the soy sauce and honey and pour evenly over each steak. Top each steak with one of each whole spice. Crumple and twist the foil to form into a parcel – sealing well.
3. Place in a large shallow roasting tin and cook for 15 minutes. Smear a little butter over each pear half and arrange alongside the parcels. Continue to cook for 15 minutes or until the pork and pears are tender and cooked through.
4. Serve with mashed potato and spiced red cabbage.
Tasty Tip: Replace the pear with apple – or add extra fruit!