Cooking Time: 15 - 20 mins
Nutrition Information per serving
It's the ultimate combination of bacon and black pudding!
- 6 rashers smoked back Specially Selected Bacon (quartered)
- 6 slices black pudding (quartered)
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 ½ sheets ready rolled pastry
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 175ml (6fl.oz) double cream
- Salt and black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 210 C (190 C fan oven, 425 F, gas 7).
2. Heat the oil in a small frying pan and gently fry the onion for 5 minutes until softened but not brown. Leave aside to cool.
3. Cut the whole sheet of pastry into 8 equal pieces, and the half sheet into 4 equal pieces. Carefully press each portion of pastry into a muffin tin, allowing the pastry edges to overlap the edges of the tins.
4. Lay 2 slices of bacon in each case and add 2 pieces black pudding. Stand the tins on a large baking tray.
5. Mix the eggs, cream and plenty of seasoning together and stir in the cooked onion. Divide the egg mixture equally between the pastry cases and bake in the oven for about 15 minutes until the egg is set and the pastry is crisp.
6. Leave to stand for 5 minutes before carefully removing from the tins. Best served warm accompanied with grilled tomatoes and mushrooms.